Saturday, November 7, 2015

i love tea!

I've been obsessed with tea here lately. I have a pretty decent variety of loose teas at home. I've been wanting to try Matcha green tea since I found out about the numerous health benefits of it.







Midori Spring Green Tea powder is a premium grade and rich in antioxidants! The matcha powder comes in a sealed canister to retain freshness. Upon opening the can, I could smell the earthy, freshness! You can tell this matcha is the real deal!




I brewed the tea according to the directions, except I used my Keurig to boil the water and I don't have the traditional bamboo whisk. Check out their website for more brewing tips: http://www.midorispring.com/perfect-matcha-brew/





The matcha is a beautiful, bright green color. The first sip might take you by surprise, it's very strong! I drank about half my cup because of the intense flavor. Midori Spring compares trying their matcha to drinking tea or coffee for the first time. Give it a few tries, then you will love it (or possibly be hooked, like I am to coffee - lol!). They also recommend adding raw honey, making a matcha latte,or adding it to a smoothie! I definitely want to try those variations. I also found a recipe for matcha shortbread cookies, so you might be seeing those in a later post! 



Check out that gorgeous, green color! Arya wanted to see what I was drinking!



If you're interested trying matcha, I definately recommend the Midori Spring brand. You can buy it on Amazon, too! 



Thanks to Midori Spring for sending me their Matcha green tea powder, for free, for my honest review and opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment